Apply for our Winter Radio Broadcasting course
We’re pleased to announce the seventh term of our 8-week beginners course in Radio Broadcasting, run in collaboration with Noods Radio.
Taught and mentored by Noods residents Tilly and Marley, the course will provide 8 women, non-binary and gender non-conforming folks in Bristol with the tools, confidence and space to develop their own idea for a radio show.
Under the wing of Saffron and Noods’ supportive and creative community, participants will get an introductory guide to creating their own radio show, from planning, recording and editing to marketing, presenting and interview techniques. The course will culminate with a takeover day on Noods, with each participant having the opportunity to showcase their own 1-hour show live on the radio.
- 8 participants: Women, non-binary & GNC people in Bristol / South West
- For ages 18+
- 8 x 2-hour weekly sessions, starting 6th February 2024, 6pm – 8pm
- 8-hour Noods Radio takeover day on Sunday 7th April 2024 (1hr show each)
- No previous DJ/radio experience necessary
*Please note, this course will not look at DJ skills such as beat matching and mixing – the focus is on radio shows as a whole concept.* If you would like to learn to DJ/mix instead, please take a look at our Mix Nights courses or Mentoring platform.
Session Times: 6pm – 8pm
- Session One – Tuesday 6th Feb
- Session Two – Tuesday 13th Feb
- Session Three – Tuesday 20th Feb
- Session Four – Tuesday 27th Feb
- Session Five – Tuesday 5th March
- Session Six – Tuesday 12th March
- Session Seven – Tuesday 19th March
- Session Eight – Tuesday 26th March
The full course cost is £250, but we don’t want this to be a barrier to entry. Further details can be found on the application form if you need to request a part-funded or completely free place.
Noods Radio is an independent radio station broadcasting from Bristol’s Stokes Croft. Founded in 2015 and born from Sunday morning music sessions, the station has grown to become the home of faces from around the globe.
This course will be Noods’ seventh programme run through NOODS LEVELS CIC, its arm that will further focus on education and opportunities for young creatives.
Application deadline: Sunday 14th January 2024
You will be notified by email about the outcome of your application. Please check your spam/junk folders!